PLEASE READ THIS PAID ACCESS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (“AGREEMENT”) CAREFULLY BEFORE PURCHASING, OR ACCESSING THE LAWSCOPE LIBRARY COMMERCIAL CONTENT.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, YOU CANNOT ACCESS, PURCHASE, OR ACCESS DOWNLOAD LAWSCOPE LIBRARY COMMERCIAL CONTENT.
1. Other terms incorporated. The following additional Lawscope Library terms, policies, and guidelines are expressly incorporated herein and form a binding part of this Agreement as if reproduced fully herein:
2. Options for Paid Access
Lawscope provides You with access to E-Lawbooks and Articles of Legal interest from participating Authors and publishers and Users (“Lawscope Commercial Content”) by Membership
In the case of Membership, Lawscope, and the participating authors, publishers, grants You a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable and personal license to access and use all Lawscope’s Commercial Content available under Your Membership for Your personal reference and informational purposes.
Your access to and use of the Lawscope Commercial Content is subject to the following restrictions:
- Lawscope Commercial Content is provided for Your personal non-commercial use only;
- No commercial or promotional use or rights are granted in any Lawscope’s Commercial Content;
- You may not sell, distribute, or display any Lawscope’s Commercial Content other than for personal use;
- You may not share, lend, or rent copies of Lawscope’s Commercial Content;
- You may not disable or circumvent Digital Rights Management (DRM) supplied with Lawscope Commercial Content;
- You may not exceed usage limitations set by content providers (participating publisher or User);
- You may not make copies of all or any portion of any Lawscope’s Commercial Content;
- You are prohibited from making any public display or public performance of Lawscope’s Commercial Content, or sharing accounts that allow access to Lawscope’s Commercial Content; and
- The ability to print/copy/paste and/or download may be restricted by the participating publisher or User who submitted the Lawscope’s Commercial Content
In addition to the foregoing, if You have obtained access to Lawscope’s Commercial Content by purchasing
a Membership, except for any limited time promotions, Your access to the Membership is conditioned upon
timely payment and maintenance of Your Membership account; and You will not have access to Lawscope’s
Commercial Content if Your Membership is cancelled, allowed to lapse, or terminated for non-payment.
Your subscription entitles you to access limited number of books in the Lawscope Library during the subscription period. For a small percentage of Lawscope Library users who consume an unusual volume of materials, not every book in the library will be immediately available. Lawscope reserves and shall have the right in its sole discretion to add, modify, withdraw or delay at any time any particular Lawscope’s Commercial Content from access by you for any reason including, without limitation, based on the costs generated to Lawscope by such content or the nature of your use of the Lawscopelibrary.com website. Lawscope makes no guarantee as to the availability of specific titles or the timing of their availability
4. Payments and Billing
- For Memberships, the current fee amounts and any materially different terms from those described to you in this Agreement will be disclosed to you at sign-up or in other communications made available to you. When You purchase a Membership, we may ask You to supply additional information relevant to Your Transaction, including, without limitation, Your credit/Debit card number, the expiration date of Your credit card and Your billing address (such information, “Payment Information”). You represent and warrant that You have the legal right to use all payment method(s) represented by any such Payment Information. When You initiate a Transaction, You authorize us to provide Your Payment Information to third parties so we can complete Your Transaction and to charge Your payment method for the type of Transaction You have selected; You may need to provide additional information to verify Your identity before completing Your Transaction (such information is included within the definition of Payment Information).
- For Monthly(30 days) Membership, You will be charged the monthly Membership fee (“Membership Fee”)(Prepaid only) at the beginning of the paying portion of Your Membership and each month thereafter, respectively, at the then-current rate. We will not automatically charge you each month, on the calendar day corresponding to the commencement of the paying portion of Your Membership, using the Payment Information You have provided. Your membership will only be renewed every 30 days should you chose to re-subscribe.
- Lawscope may offer a free trial Membership (“Free Trial”) for a specified period of time (“Free Trial Term”). If we offer You a Free Trial, the specific terms of Your Free Trial will be provided at signup and/or in the promotional materials describing the Free Trial. Free Trials may not be combined with any other offer. If you cancel your Free Trial before the expiration of the Free Trial Term, you may be eligible to use any unused portion of such Free Trial Term the next time you sign up for a Lawscope Membership, provided that Lawscope continues to offer the Free Trial that you were previously offered. Except as may otherwise be provided in the specific terms for the Free Trial offer, Free Trials are only available to users who have not previously completed a Free Trial for a Membership to the Lawscope’s Platform. Unless You cancel Your Membership prior to the end of Your Free Trial, we (or our third party payment processor) will begin charging Your payment method on a recurring basis for the Membership Fee (plus any applicable taxes and other charges) until You cancel Your Membership. Instructions for cancelling Your Membership are stated below under the Section titled “Cancellation and Termination”. You will not receive a notice from us that Your Free Trial has ended or that the paid portion of Your Membership has begun. We reserve the right to modify or terminate Free Trials at any time, without notice and in our sole discretion
5. Refunds and Replacements
All fees and charges are nonrefundable and there are no refunds or credits, except as expressly set forth in our Refund Policy. As further described in the Refund Policy, if there is a defect in any Lawscope’s Commercial Content, in certain cases you may receive a replacement rather than a refund.
6. Cancellation of Memberships
You may cancel Your Membership at any time. AS STATED IN OUR REFUND POLICY WITH RESPECT TO MEMBERSHIPS, THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OF ANY FEES OR CHARGES FOR MEMBERSHIPS. IF YOU CANCEL YOUR MEMBERSHIP, YOU WON’T RECEIVE A REFUND OF ANY PORTION OF THE MEMBERSHIP FEE PAID FOR THE THEN CURRENT MEMBERSHIP PERIOD AT THE TIME OF CANCELLATION.
To cancel a Membership, you can do so through the Lawscope’s Platform by logging into the Site and going to Your account settings. You may also email support@Lawscope.com to initiate cancellation of a Membership. You will be responsible for all Membership Fees (plus any applicable taxes and other charges) incurred before the effective date of your cancellation. If you cancel, your cancellation will be effective immediately, but Lawscope Library Admin will allow You to access the Lawscope’s Commercial Content until the most recently paid-up Membership period ends, and then will terminate Your access to Lawscope Commercial Content, including any Lawscope’s Commercial Content that You accessed using Your Lawscope’s Credits. Cancelling Your Membership won’t cancel Your Account.
You agree that Lawscope Library Admin may terminate Your Membership and/or account for nonpayment of Membership Fees. In the event of any cancellation or termination of your Membership or account, we may remove and discard all or any part of Your account, User profile, and any content related to Your account, at any time.
8. Removal of Content.
Lawscope reserves the right to modify or withdraw at any time any Commercial Content from access by You at the request of its publisher or for any other reason. If Lawscope Library Admin removes or deletes a particular piece of Lawscope’s Commercial Content to which You have purchased access, Lawscope reserves the right to revoke Your access. If Lawscope Library Admin revokes Your access, Lawscope may provide a refund to You or offer You another form of compensation at Lawscope’s sole discretion.
9. Term and Termination
This Agreement begins on the date on which You accept its terms and continues until terminated. We may terminate this Agreement (including Your account), or suspend or terminate the Lawscope’s Library Platform, with or without cause, at any time and without notice to You. Upon any cancellation or termination of this Agreement and/or Your account, the rights and licenses granted to You under this Agreement will automatically terminate. This means that, among other things, You will no longer have access to any Lawscope’s Commercial Content to which you have purchased access via the Lawscope Platform